Awards and Media
In its annual survey of parents from across the state, ALL ABOUT BRACES WAS VOTED THE #1 ORTHODONTIST IN COLORADO by Colorado Parent Magazine in every year since 2014. Thank you to all our patients who voted for us to receive this prestigious honor. We are so very grateful that not only do we love you, but that the feeling is mutual!
Our doctors have been voted into the elite group of “Top Orthodontists in Colorado” by our dental professional peers, as recognized in 5280 Magazine continuously throughout the last decade! Many thanks to all the dentists and oral specialists we work with who appreciated the quality of work we do and who recognized us as the orthodontists whose work they respect so highly.
Commitment To Excellence
We are “Best of the Best” among Colorado Orthodontists in the Colorado Community Media local newspapers (no fewer than 7 papers named us the Best Orthodontist in their respective communities)!
We received the highest, five-star rating from Talk of the Town, which assesses general reviews and customer feedback from across the web.
We currently receive an “A” rating from both Angie’s List and the Better Business Bureau.
We have been identified by Align Technology, the makers of Invisalign®, as an Invisalign Gold Provider.
For a number of years, HealthTap has named us the #1 Orthodontist in Colorado and #2 in the nation!
All of our doctors were recently recognized by Smiles Change Lives as the national providers of the week. SCL is an amazing organization that helps provide orthodontic care to kids in need, and we are honored to volunteer our time and resources to work with this very laudable organization.
Our Award Winning Doctors
Dr. Hilary Nieberg Baskin
- Dr. Baskin received Yeshiva University’s Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center’s Davidson Award, a prestigious honor given to only one outstanding dental graduate student who exhibits clinical proficiency, clarity of thought, and concern for patients’ welfare.
- Dr. Baskin’s research has been published in the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics.
- Dr. Baskin served on the local chapter board of Hadassah, an organization that concentrates on international healthcare and education, and was awarded their national award for young leadership.
- Dr. Baskin recently received the Gini Award, given to the practitioner of the year by the national nonprofit Smiles Change Lives.
- Dr. Baskin was recognized by Orthodontic on their list of the top orthodontists of 2011.
- Dr. Baskin was named a 2013 “Top Dentist” by the International Association of Dentists.
- Dr. Baskin was named as the “Best of the Best” by local community newspapers for the past number of years.
Dr. Krystal Hoversten
- Dr. Hoversten has been named as the “Best of the Best” by local community newspapers since 2014.
- Dr. Hoversten has been named “Top Orthodontist” in 5280 since 2014.
Dr. Theresa Shaver
- Dr. Shaver has been named “Top Orthodontist” in 5280 since for over 10 years.
- Dr. Shaver had her Orthodontic Masters Thesis published in ASDC (American Society of Dentistry Children) Journal in 1996
- Dr. Shaver is a Board member of Colorado Orthodontic Association
- Dr. Shaver is a COF (Colorado Orthodontic Foundation) provider and provider/supporter of Give Kids a Smile Day
Dr. Shane Hoelz
- Dr. Hoelz has been named “Top Orthodontist” in 5280 for multiple years.
- Dr. Hoelz is a board-certified orthodontist and Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Dr. Hoelz has had his research has been published in Operative Dentistry and the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Dr. hoelz was the recipient of the Lasher Award in Dental school for positive attitude and well-rounded involvement.
Dr. David Mershon
- Dr. Mershon received the Tom Laur Award, given by his dental school staff and classmates to the individual who most exemplified the traits needed to be an outstanding practitioner and a helpful colleague.
- Dr. Mershon is a board-certified orthodontist and a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Dr. Mershon was named as the “Best of the Best” by local community newspapers over the past number of years.
Dr. Margarita Lachica
- Best of the Best, Orthodontist in the East Bay, Bay Area Parent Magazine, Bonze winner, July 2019
- Board Member, Contra Costa Dental Society Membership Committee, January 2012 – January 2013
- Neider Grant, UCSF School of Dentistry, July 2005 – May 2006
- Supervisor, UT Houston Dental Branch, Texas Children’s Health Fair, February 2003
- Supervisor, UT Houston Dental Booth, Special Olympics, September 2003
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, US Navy, July 2002
- Seabee Combat Warfare Qualification, US Navy, March 2002
- Record Holder, Sit-ups, Physical Readiness Test, US Naval Officer Indoctrination School, August 1999
- Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship, US Navy, April 1996 – April 1999
- Student of the Year, Chicago Dental Society, March 1999
- Dean’s List, Northwestern University Dental School, 9 trimesters, August 1995 – April 1999
- Class Vice President, Northwestern Dental School, August 1995 – August 1996, August 1998 – August 1999
- Scholastic Merit Grant, Northwestern University Dental School, August 1998
- Zeller Merit Scholarship, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, March 1995
- President, Pre-Dental Society, August 1994 – April 1995