Meet Dr. Hilary Nieberg Baskin
Dr. Hilary Nieberg Baskin
Dr. Hilary Nieberg Baskin has been providing exceptional orthodontic care to her patients for more than 20 years. She truly loves making people smile! Her professional yet friendly and fun personality is sure to make any patient comfortable.
Raised in a family with her father as her orthodontist, she was exposed to her dental calling at an early age; pictures of her with baby teeth are even in orthodontic textbooks! (Yup- think the dental scene in Finding Nemo with the headgear and pigtails and you won’t be too far off!) As the mother of two boys, Jonah and Gabe, she also understands the trials and tribulations of motivating our patients to wear elastics and retainers from a parent’s perspective!
Dr. Baskin obtained her undergraduate degree at Colorado College and attended the University of Nebraska for her dental school education. She completed her general practice residency at the Denver VA Medical Center and attended the prestigious Yeshiva University’s Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center in New York, one of just a handful of hospital-based programs, for her orthodontic specialty training. Her impressive research on orthodontic X-ray analysis was published soon after. She was honored to be the recipient of the Davidson Award, a singular award given to the outstanding dental resident who exhibits clinical excellence and serves as a role model for the other residents based on ethics and professionalism. Dr. Baskin opened her first practice in Connecticut before she and her family moved back to Colorado in 1997. She practiced orthodontics for a decade before founding All About Braces in 2007 with Dr. Mershon, who started his dental career as her assistant!
Awards and Accreditations
- Dr. Baskin received Yeshiva University’s Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center’s Davidson Award, a prestigious honor given to only one outstanding dental graduate student who exhibits clinical proficiency, clarity of thought, and concern for patients’ welfare.
- Dr. Baskin’s research has been published in the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics.
- Dr. Baskin served on the local chapter board of Hadassah, an organization that concentrates on international healthcare and education, and was awarded their national award for young leadership.
- Dr. Baskin recently received the Gini Award, given to the practitioner of the year by the national nonprofit Smiles Change Lives.
- Dr. Baskin was recognized by Orthodontic on their list of the top orthodontists of 2011.
- Dr. Baskin was named a 2013 “Top Dentist” by the International Association of Dentists.
- Dr. Baskin was named as the “Best of the Best” by local community newspapers for the past number of years.