Meet Dr. Margarita Lachica
Dr. Margarita Lachica
Dr. Lachica joined us with over 25 years of broad dental experience and deep passion for the work!
A native of Illinois, Dr, Lachica graduated from Northwestern University Dental School, on a full scholarship awarded from the US Navy. After completing an Advanced Education in General Dentistry certification, she served our brothers and sisters in uniform for three tours on three continents, the greatest privilege of her life. She finished her naval career as a Lieutenant Commander.
Upon returning to civilian life, Dr. Lachica taught full-time as an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Texas at Houston Dental Branch while concentrating on cosmetic dentistry and performing infection diseases research for the US Navy.
In her five years as a general dentist, Dr. Lachica discovered her passion for orthodontics. She subsequently earned her orthodontic specialty training and masters degree from University of California San Francisco. Having had varied experiences as a solo, group, university and volunteer orthodontist, she is deeply impressed by All About Braces’ mission to serve the Denver community with altruism and commitment to excellence.
What she finds most gratifying about the practice of orthodontics is the opportunity to be a part of a child’s transformation, orthodontically and even deeper. “A patient is never just a set of teeth. Those teeth belong to a whole person, with feelings. And that person is part of the family.”
Outside of conventional orthodontic practice, Dr. Lachica has volunteered with Thousand Smile Foundation, traveling to Mexico to treat children with facial deformities and associated orthodontic needs. She’s consulted for the US Naval Recruiting Command in two states and has served on the panel for Congressional Appointments for the US Naval Academy. Dr. Lachica also mentors young adults interested in the field of dentistry.
When not in the office, Dr. Lachica can be found pushing wheelchair-bound veterans around the Denver VA Hospital or volunteering at her daughter’s elementary school. On her own, she practices daily mediation and is an amateur adrenaline adventurist: ready to try a new sport, join a silly fun run, or pick up a leg of a triathlon.
Awards and Accreditations
- Best of the Best, Orthodontist in the East Bay, Bay Area Parent Magazine, Bonze winner, July 2019
- Board Member, Contra Costa Dental Society Membership Committee, January 2012 – January 2013
- Neider Grant, UCSF School of Dentistry, July 2005 – May 2006
- Supervisor, UT Houston Dental Branch, Texas Children’s Health Fair, February 2003
- Supervisor, UT Houston Dental Booth, Special Olympics, September 2003
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, US Navy, July 2002
- Seabee Combat Warfare Qualification, US Navy, March 2002
- Record Holder, Sit-ups, Physical Readiness Test, US Naval Officer Indoctrination School, August 1999
- Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship, US Navy, April 1996 – April 1999
- Student of the Year, Chicago Dental Society, March 1999
- Dean’s List, Northwestern University Dental School, 9 trimesters, August 1995 – April 1999
- Class Vice President, Northwestern Dental School, August 1995 – August 1996, August 1998 – August 1999
- Scholastic Merit Grant, Northwestern University Dental School, August 1998
- Zeller Merit Scholarship, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, March 1995
- President, Pre-Dental Society, August 1994 – April 1995